Zucchini with Corn is the Mexican version of New England’s Succotash. A rich vegetable stew packed with incredible flavor. A perfect harvest season dish.
Zucchini with Corn (Calabacitas con Elote)
This may be served as a vegetarian main course or as a side dish, but always enjoyable.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 4 zucchini; halved, and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 onion; diced
- 1 large tomato; diced
- 1 serrano pepper; minced
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 can corn (7 ounce); drained, or fresh, cut from the cob
- Place zucchini, onion, tomato, pepper, oil and water in medium saucepan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Stir in corn.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Recipe from London filmmaker Gurinder Chadha from her film "What's Cooking?" about four Thanksgiving dinners. Sylvia Marmolejo prepared this dish for the Latino segment of "What's Cooking?"
Serving size: 1 portion Calories: 122 Fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 24g Sodium: 286 Fiber: 3.12g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 0