Zucchini-Spinach Soup is a rich and flavorful vegetable dish, full of healthy vitamins. A very nutritious potage you will enjoy.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 6 servings
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1/4' thick circles
- 1 bunch spinach; * see note
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2 yellow onions; diced
- 3 Russet potatoes; cubed
- 6 Cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a 3-quart saucepan. Add onions and cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Add zucchini, potatoes, and vegetable broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 35 minutes. Add spinach, salt, and pepper, and cook 5 minutes more.
- Place half of the soup in blender or food processor and puree. Repeat with the other half. Reheat if needed and serve.
* Spinach should be thoroughly washed and spun dry, picked over to use only fresh leaves, no stems.