Delightful little canapes that everyone enjoys. Light, flaky and full of flavor.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese; grated
- 3 medium zucchini; grated, drained in a collander
- 2 garlic cloves; crushed
- 2 Tablespoons onion; finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon parsley; minced
- oil for frying
- Sift together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, olive oil, 1/2 Cup of the milk, salt and pepper. Beat to a smooth paste and gradually add sifted flour mixture (consistency will be very stiff). Add grated cheese and remaining milk to make a smooth but stiff batter.
- Blend in grated zucchini, garlic, onion, and parsley.
- Heat the cooking oil to the deep-fry stage and drop in the batter by spoonfuls. Fry until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm until all are cooked. Lightly salt to taste and serve immediately.