Light, flavorful and refreshing, these outstanding pancakes are full of great textures. Zucchini-Potato Pancakes are delicious whether served as a main course, side or appetizer.
- 4 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 large potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup wheat germ
- 1/2 Cup matzo meal or saltine cracker crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients adding more salt if needed.
- Cook on hot oiled griddle until brown on both sides (4 minutes for each side).
These are especially good for brunch served with sour cream and tart jam or applesauce.[br][br]Makes 15 large pancakes.