Zucchini Pancakes with Golden Tomato Concasse
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Meatless Main Courses
Serves: 10 pancakes
- Golden Tomato Concasse:
- 1 pound golden tomatoes, cored, peeled, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper
- ZUCCHINI PANCAKES
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini or other squash
- 7 ounces red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- Tomato Concasse: Drain chopped tomatoes in a colander, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Zucchini Pancakes: While tomatoes are draining, grate zucchini and onion into a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Toss to mix well. Let stand 10 minutes. Squeeze excess water from grated vegetables.
- In same bowl combine zucchini, onion, and garlic. in small bowl combine flour, Parmesean cheese, mint, nutmeg, and pepper. Mix well. Toss with zucchini. Add eggs and mix well.
- In a heavy large skillet, heat 1/4" oil over medium-high heat until very hot. Form pancakes by pouring 1/4 cup of batter into skillet for each pancake, spreading with back of spoon to make 3: circles. Cook until brown on both sides, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter. Spoon tomato concasse over pancakes.