As comforting and warm as a Tuscan sunset, this simple, quick and easy dish is a treasure you will enjoy often. The mild flavors provide relaxation. Served with a salad, cheese and fruit and you have a perfect Italian meal. Bellissimo!
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds broccoli; fresh (to 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 8 sprigs flat leaf parsley; leaves only
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese; grated fresh
- 2 large cloves garlic; mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; freshly ground
- 1 pound ziti, penne or rigatoni
- Cut stems off broccoli and wash thoroughly.
- Chop parsley and garlic together.
- Steam broccoli in a little water in a covered saucepan for about 25 minutes.
- In another pot cook the pasta in boiling salted water for about 20 minutes.
- Combine olive oil, butter, parsley, and garlic. Stir to get flavor of garlic. Warm this sauce for 2 minutes, but do not cook or burn.
- Drain broccoli and pasta as soon as cooked. Place both in the still hot pot in which the pasta was cooked and pour the sauce mixture over both.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and black pepper, stir, and serve immediately.
- Have a loaf of good Italian Bread and a bottle of Barolo on the table.
- Instead of dessert, try a mixed arugula and dandelion salad with Italian Salad Dressing and a soft Brie or Bel Paese cheese.
- Serve fresh fruit that's in season as a final course.
Chilled Raspberry Soup is an extraordinary dish with incredible flavors. The tangy taste of raspberr...
Sofrito-Marinated Ranch Steak, also known as boneless chuck shoulder center cut steak is a little to...
Boston Cream Pie is really a delicious cake and perfectly delightful, generally simple, and adored b...
A staple of Autumn food preservation for Winter, Apple Butter is a delectable spread, perfect on toa...