As comforting and warm as a Tuscan sunset, this simple, quick and easy dish is a treasure you will enjoy often. The mild flavors provide relaxation. Served with a salad, cheese and fruit and you have a perfect Italian meal. Bellissimo!
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds broccoli; fresh (to 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 8 sprigs flat leaf parsley; leaves only
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese; grated fresh
- 2 large cloves garlic; mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; freshly ground
- 1 pound ziti, penne or rigatoni
- Cut stems off broccoli and wash thoroughly.
- Chop parsley and garlic together.
- Steam broccoli in a little water in a covered saucepan for about 25 minutes.
- In another pot cook the pasta in boiling salted water for about 20 minutes.
- Combine olive oil, butter, parsley, and garlic. Stir to get flavor of garlic. Warm this sauce for 2 minutes, but do not cook or burn.
- Drain broccoli and pasta as soon as cooked. Place both in the still hot pot in which the pasta was cooked and pour the sauce mixture over both.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and black pepper, stir, and serve immediately.
- Have a loaf of good Italian Bread and a bottle of Barolo on the table.
- Instead of dessert, try a mixed arugula and dandelion salad with Italian Salad Dressing and a soft Brie or Bel Paese cheese.
- Serve fresh fruit that's in season as a final course.
Nothing could be finer than a dish of cold, sweet Homemade Peach Ice Cream on a summer's evening. Cr...
Salzburger Nockerl is an extraordinary creation that looks like the mountains near Salzburg, Austria...
This incredible Avgolemono Soup is greatly complemented by the addition of cod, giving one the excep...
Boeuf à la Ficelle means beef on a string referring to the method of cooking, but this beef is well ...