If you enjoy wine and chocolate, Zinfandel-Marinated Cherry-Cocoa Tarts is the dessert for you. The pairing is seriously incredible. Cherries add a unique dimension.
Zinfandel-Marinated Cherry-Cocoa Tarts
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Baked Goods
- 6 4-inch chocolate tart shells, baked
- 1 Quart dark cherries, pitted
- 2 Cups Zinfandel,
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar, granulated
- cocoa powder, for dusting, as needed
- Place pitted cherries in bowl; pour wine over. Cover and marinate 1 hour.
- Set the individual baked tart shells (in forms) on a baking sheet.
- Remove cherries with slotted spoon, making sure to drain well.. Pack into baked tart shells, smooth sides up.
- Transfer 1/2 cup wine to nonreactive saucepan; add cream and sugar. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Divide wine mixture among tarts. Bake at 350 degrees F until juices are bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool about 30 minutes, then unmold. Serve dusted with cocoa powder.