The tender flavor of pork is captured beautifully on the grill. With a lively marinade Zesty Grilled Pork Chops becomes simply wonderful.
Zesty Grilled Pork Chops
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
- 3/4 Cup soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 rib or loin pork chops (Iowa chops)
- Combine the first five ingredients.
- Place chops in a glass baking dish and pour the marinade over. Cover and refrigerate 3 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove chops from marinade and grill or broil 4-inches from the heat to desired doneness.
- Brush occasionally with marinade.
For best results grill bone side down (chop standing up not laying flat on grill) or use boneless pork chops. If using bone-in chops, be sure to cook the bones thoroughly before trying to grill the meat itself to ensure that the meat is not dried out and bones reach sufficient temperature.
Try this with grilled vegetables and grilled sweet corn on the cob for a superb meal. Great with dirty rice too!