Try substituting other wines (or liqueurs) for the Marsala; a combination of strong coffee and brandy also makes a flavorful, though not traditional Zabaione. Simply wonderful.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup sweet Sicilian Marsala such as Florio or Pellegrino
- BRING A QUART OF WATER to a simmer in a small saucepan. Place the egg yolks in a heat-proof bowl and whisk by hand until liquid. Whisk in the sugar in a stream, then the Marsala.
- Regulate the heat under the pan so that the water simmers gently, then place the bowl over the pan so that the bottom of the bowl is above the surface of the water.
- Whisk vigorously; the Zabaione will begin to absorb air fairly quickly. Continue whisking for a total of 4 minutes, until the Zabaione is very aerated and thickened. Pour into stemmed glasses, dust with a dash of cinnamon and serve immediately.
- Though not traditional, you may wish to serve the Zabaione cool: After whisking until thickened, continue whisking by hand, with a hand mixer set at medium speed, or in a heavy-duty mixer fitted with the whip, until the Zabaione is cool.
These incredible vegetarian burgers are a glorious option for lunch or dinner. Match them up with c...
Chicken Divan is a wonderful recipe that blends healthy broccoli with chicken for a glorious dish ev...
Cuban Flan de Queso is an incredible custard-based cheesecake with the delectable flavor of caramel ...
This North African spice mix is used in many delicious dishes. A superb combination of exotic flavor...