An outstanding version of classic Italian Zabaglione (Wine-Flavored Custard) that may be served on its own or as a dessert sauce. Either way, it is exceptional.
Making Zabaglione is all about technique and movement. Keep your whisk moving constantly or the egg yolks will scramble. A good trick is to have the other ingredients ready to add, properly measured in advance (called mise en place) to ensure you don’t have to rush to measure sugar or uncork and pour wine. Keeping the whisk in constant movement prevents the egg from reaching the temperature at which the eggs cook, though in fact, they do, so Zabaglione is thoroughly safe to enjoy. Shown below with a triangle of cinnamon flavored candy. Try ladies fingers or cookies to accompany a delectable portion.
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/3 Cup medium white wine
- Beat egg yolks with electric mixer in top of double boiler until foamy.
- Beat in sugar gradually.
- Pour just enough hot water in bottom of double boiler so that top part does not touch water. (Water in double boiler should not boil.)
- Cook egg yolks over medium heat; mix in wine slowly, beating on high speed until smooth, pale and thick enough to stand in soft mounds.
- Serve immediately in shallow stemmed glasses.
Simple, delicious, easy to prepare, colorful and full of flavor, you cannot go wrong making Grilled ...
BBQ Short-Rib Osso Bucco is an exciting diversion from typical summertime barbecue, and brings a typ...
The craze for Kale is hardly new, and was a favorite of healthy Spanish soups, such as Kale Soup or ...
The sweetness of these potatoes is enhanced tenfold by grilling. The rich caramel flavor brings out ...