Zabaglione alle Fragiole is an outstanding dessert made with fresh strawberries and a delicious Zabaglione sauce. Bellissimo!
Zabaglione alle Fragiole
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon plus
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 Cups white wine
- a splash of Marsala wine
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 3 drops vanilla
- Sprinkle the strawberries with lemon juice and set aside.
- Mix all remaining ingredients, including the 1 teaspoon lemon juice, in a copper pot.
- Over a medium fire, beat vigorously until the mixture thickens. Do not let the mixture come to a boil.
- Pour the zabaglione over the strawberries. It is very important not to let the mixture come to a boil. If necessary, remove the pot from the fire from time to time until of desired consistency.
Italian chefs who make this recipe often use a special copper pan, with some having sufficient expertise to use the pot over open flame, while most do it over boiling water. If you really enjoy this recipe, consider buying a copper Zabaglione pan.