A simple pudding full of delightful beef flavor, this recipe pairs perfectly with rib roasts or prime ribs of beef. Yorkshire Pudding also forms the base for another British classic, “Toad in the Hole”, which adds sausages to the recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Cup sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- beef drippings
- It is best to mix this well in advance and chill it before cooking.
- Beat the eggs and milk together. Sift the flour and salt into the egg mixture and beat until well blended.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F. Pour about 1/4 Cup of beef drippings into and 11- x 7-inch baking pan or muffin tin and heat the drippings until they begin to smoke.
- Pour in the batter and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for a further 15 minutes.
Opening the oven door during the baking can produce disappointing results so don't.
Pork and Mushroom Pie is packed with rich, earthy flavors that fill body and soul with warmth and pl...
Country Molasses Pie is also known as Shoofly or Shoo-Fly Pie because once set to cool, its sweetnes...
Succulent, Cider Roast Turkey, with tender glazed apples and pear makes the ultimate centerpiece for...
You will find a joyful flavor in every spoonful of Cherokee Pepper Pot Soup, a spicy and tasty delic...