Yorkshire Pudding is an amazing baked pudding; a savory that is the perfect accompaniment for Roast Sirloin of Beef. Ideal with Onion Gravy.
Crunchy on the outside, soft and sultry on the inside, they are wonderful.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 Cup (4 oz) 110 g plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 1/4 Cups (1/2 pint) 300 ml whole milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons beef juices or oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C) gas mark 7.
- Whisk the flour, eggs, salt and milk until smooth, and leave to stand for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Put a little of the beef juices or oil in patty pans, and heat in the oven for 5 minutes until hot, then take out.
- Fill the patty pans half full with the batter, and bake for 15 minutes or until well risen and golden.
When pouring the batter into the hot oil in the patty pans, it should sizzle and bubble.That's perfectly normal.