The tomato, a fruit, is almost always eaten as a vegetable. Used in salads, soups and sauces, tomato’s variety of uses seems endless, but in Yellow Tomato Soup, it shines brilliantly.
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Cups onions, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon coriander seeds, toasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted
- 15 large yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 4 Cups water
- 1 lemon, juice only
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 Cup red tomato, finely diced
- 1/4 Cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat oil in 4-Quart nonreactive saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until transparent, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add coriander and cumin; cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook 5 minutes.
- Add water and heat to boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently 10 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool.
- Using immersion blender or food processor, purée soup. Strain through fine-mesh strainer, pressing on solids to release as much liquid as possible. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight. Soup also can be served warm.
- For garnish, combine red onion, tomato, cilantro, oil, salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with 1 Tablespoon garnish.
Buttery, rich and delicious, Spritz Butter Cookies are at their very best with simple decorations, a...
Cold weather is the perfect time for a warming bowl of Winter White Fennel Bisque. Soothing, flavor...
Cream of Tomato Soup with Puff Pastry is an exciting way of presenting an extraordinary soup of incr...
Classic Roast Beef Sandwiches are without a doubt incredibly flavorful. There's nothing like them fo...