The tomato, a fruit, is almost always eaten as a vegetable. Used in salads, soups and sauces, tomato’s variety of uses seems endless, but in Yellow Tomato Soup, it shines brilliantly.
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Cups onions, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon coriander seeds, toasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted
- 15 large yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 4 Cups water
- 1 lemon, juice only
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 Cup red tomato, finely diced
- 1/4 Cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat oil in 4-Quart nonreactive saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until transparent, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add coriander and cumin; cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook 5 minutes.
- Add water and heat to boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently 10 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool.
- Using immersion blender or food processor, purée soup. Strain through fine-mesh strainer, pressing on solids to release as much liquid as possible. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight. Soup also can be served warm.
- For garnish, combine red onion, tomato, cilantro, oil, salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with 1 Tablespoon garnish.
Grilled salmon pairs beautifully with citrus in this delectable recipe. Ideal for summertime family ...
Apple-Ginger Pork Chops is an original Epicurus.com recipe of exceptional flavor and texture that's ...
Capellini di Mare per Due, or Angel Hair Pasta with Seafood for Two is a bounteous gift from the sea...
A simple Vanilla Custard is a wonderful dessert. Comforting, smooth and flavorful, its relaxing natu...