The tomato, a fruit, is almost always eaten as a vegetable. Used in salads, soups and sauces, tomato’s variety of uses seems endless, but in Yellow Tomato Soup, it shines brilliantly.
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Cups onions, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon coriander seeds, toasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted
- 15 large yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 4 Cups water
- 1 lemon, juice only
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 Cup red tomato, finely diced
- 1/4 Cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat oil in 4-Quart nonreactive saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until transparent, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add coriander and cumin; cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook 5 minutes.
- Add water and heat to boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently 10 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool.
- Using immersion blender or food processor, purée soup. Strain through fine-mesh strainer, pressing on solids to release as much liquid as possible. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight. Soup also can be served warm.
- For garnish, combine red onion, tomato, cilantro, oil, salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with 1 Tablespoon garnish.
Sausage and Wild Rice Stuffing is a magnificent stuffing for turkey, chicken, large game birds, duck...
Need a recipe for the local bake sale or as gifts for friends? Lemon Poppy-Seed Bread is the perfect...
When it comes to sexy, seductive desserts White Chocolate Mousse with Chocolate Sauce is one of the ...
Grilled Balsamic Chicken offers superb flavor with every bite. Grilling caramelizes the natural sug...