The tomato, a fruit, is almost always eaten as a vegetable. Used in salads, soups and sauces, tomato’s variety of uses seems endless, but in Yellow Tomato Soup, it shines brilliantly.
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Cups onions, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon coriander seeds, toasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted
- 15 large yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 4 Cups water
- 1 lemon, juice only
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 Cup red tomato, finely diced
- 1/4 Cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat oil in 4-Quart nonreactive saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until transparent, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add coriander and cumin; cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook 5 minutes.
- Add water and heat to boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently 10 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool.
- Using immersion blender or food processor, purée soup. Strain through fine-mesh strainer, pressing on solids to release as much liquid as possible. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight. Soup also can be served warm.
- For garnish, combine red onion, tomato, cilantro, oil, salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with 1 Tablespoon garnish.
Champeach Sorbet is a simple recipe, with complex and delicious results. Serve with a sliced peach a...
Bistro Steak is a simple, easily cooked main course, perfect for a great dinner for two. Bleu chees...
Thai Grilled Shrimp Salad blends the sweetness of mango, the smoothness of avocado, the crunchiness ...
If you enjoy coffee, you'll adore our Café au Lait Crème Brûlée recipe. The simple preparation is e...