An enticing, alluring and colorful Yellow Tomato Gazpacho helps cool and refresh on a hot summer’s eve. May be served with great elegance or in a rustic style as suits your needs.
- 2 1/2 pounds ripe yellow tomatoes; seeded, chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves; finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber; peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper; chopped
- 1/4 Cup chopped red onion
- 3 Cups tomato juice
- 1 can chicken broth (14 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 Cup finely-chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt; to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper; to taste
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients; whisk together until well blended.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- May be served with a small spoonful of chopped cucumber, or a sprig of fresh herbs.
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates
Recipe from the National Honey Board
Autumn Pasta brings the harvest season to the table in wonderful ways, introducing the best flavors ...
Deliciously scary, these ghostly sandwiches make an ideal luncheon or buffet dish for young and old ...
Asian-Style Sauteed Greens is exceptional dish that crosses many Asian borders, offering superior fl...
An incredible dish to start a dinner or for a luncheon main course, Korean Kimchi Beef Rolls will en...