An enticing, alluring and colorful Yellow Tomato Gazpacho helps cool and refresh on a hot summer’s eve. May be served with great elegance or in a rustic style as suits your needs.
- 2 1/2 pounds ripe yellow tomatoes; seeded, chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves; finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber; peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper; chopped
- 1/4 Cup chopped red onion
- 3 Cups tomato juice
- 1 can chicken broth (14 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 Cup finely-chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt; to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper; to taste
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients; whisk together until well blended.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- May be served with a small spoonful of chopped cucumber, or a sprig of fresh herbs.
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates
Recipe from the National Honey Board
While it sounds like the food of the common man, in truth, Cheesy Beer Soup is perfect even for the ...
Soft and mellow, this creamy Vanilla Fudge is one of those recipes that becomes a family standard ac...
In Chocolate Pepper Cookies we combine all the mysterious flavors of the Mayans and Aztecs to create...
A delightfully simple recipe, Mashed Butternut Squash with Ginger is ideal for Thanksgiving or Chris...