An enticing, alluring and colorful Yellow Tomato Gazpacho helps cool and refresh on a hot summer’s eve. May be served with great elegance or in a rustic style as suits your needs.
- 2 1/2 pounds ripe yellow tomatoes; seeded, chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves; finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber; peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper; chopped
- 1/4 Cup chopped red onion
- 3 Cups tomato juice
- 1 can chicken broth (14 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 Cup finely-chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt; to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper; to taste
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients; whisk together until well blended.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- May be served with a small spoonful of chopped cucumber, or a sprig of fresh herbs.
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates
Recipe from the National Honey Board
Escoffier's original recipe is still one of the best desserts ever created. Simple yet fundamentally...
These glorious sandwiches are the kind of healthful, flavor rich food that is perfect for lunch or p...
The German version of Veal Piccata, Kapernschnitzel is a delightful recipe has a tangy, sultry sauce...
Tuscany is the home of many great recipes, not the least of which are many wonderful bean-based reci...