An enticing, alluring and colorful Yellow Tomato Gazpacho helps cool and refresh on a hot summer’s eve. May be served with great elegance or in a rustic style as suits your needs.
- 2 1/2 pounds ripe yellow tomatoes; seeded, chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves; finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber; peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper; chopped
- 1/4 Cup chopped red onion
- 3 Cups tomato juice
- 1 can chicken broth (14 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 Cup finely-chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt; to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper; to taste
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients; whisk together until well blended.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- May be served with a small spoonful of chopped cucumber, or a sprig of fresh herbs.
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates
Recipe from the National Honey Board
An incredible blending of juxtaposed flavors is created in Roasted Figs with Gorgonzola, Balsamic Vi...
When your sweet tooth beckons, you'll find no better satisfaction than Brown Sugar Ice Cream with Gi...
You can't help but love these wonderful little fritters. We adored them with a dollop of sour cream ...
Walnut Tart is a classic dessert, with a rich, crisp crust, and a crunchy, sweet filling. It is simp...