An enticing, alluring and colorful Yellow Tomato Gazpacho helps cool and refresh on a hot summer’s eve. May be served with great elegance or in a rustic style as suits your needs.
- 2 1/2 pounds ripe yellow tomatoes; seeded, chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves; finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber; peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper; chopped
- 1/4 Cup chopped red onion
- 3 Cups tomato juice
- 1 can chicken broth (14 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 Cup finely-chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt; to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper; to taste
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients; whisk together until well blended.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- May be served with a small spoonful of chopped cucumber, or a sprig of fresh herbs.
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates
Recipe from the National Honey Board