Author: Barbara Norman
Recipe type: Sauces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8 almonds; peeled and toasted
- 1 sharp chili pepper; or more to taste (or powdered Cayenne pepper)
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- This sauce can be made in 5 minutes in an electric blender: simply put all the ingredients in at once and beat until the almonds are reduced to fine particles.
- If you do not have a blender, crush the garlic and almonds in a mortar, add one or more finely chopped chili pepper, and mash to a smooth paste before gradually blending in the oil and vinegar.
- The number of peppers (or the amount of cayenne) you use depends on how sharp you like the sauce. When tasting the seasoning, bear in mind that the sauce will seem less sharp when mixed with the salad.
Recipe Source: THE SPANISH COOKBOOK by Barbara Norman