In cooler weather, the flavors of Winter Green Salad with Walnuts and Persimmons are a wonderful reminder of Spring soon to come.
Winter Green Salad with Walnuts and Persimmons
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads
- 1/2 Cup walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 Tablespoons walnut or light olive oil
- 12 ounces assorted greens such as arugula, baby spinach and radicchio
- 2 small persimmons; sliced
- Toast walnuts on baking sheet in 350 degree oven until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes, and coarsely chop.
- Combine orange juice, zest, vinegar and salt in small bowl. Whisk in oil.
- Toss vinaigrette with greens, walnut pieces and persimmon slices.
Serving size: each serving Calories: 336 Fat: 32 g Carbohydrates: 12 g Sodium: 212 mg Fiber: 4.13 g Protein: 6 g Cholesterol: 0