The elegant, seductive flavor of this glorious recipe is unparalleled among first course appetizers. Conveniently, it doubles as a dessert when the need arises. Brilliant!
- 1 1/2 Cups white wine; dry
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons anise seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cinnamon stick; small
- 1/2 Cup raisins; golden seedless
- 4 purple plums; sliced
- 2 nectarines, sliced
- In an enameled or stainless steel saucepan, combine the wine, sugar, lemon juice, anise seed, salt and cinnamon stick and bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and cool to room temperature. Combine the raisins, plums, and peaches in a bowl and strain the cooled wine syrup over them. Cover and refrigerate for several hours, stirring occasionally.
The quintessential autumnal snack for kids of all ages, Candied Apples are seriously fun to eat and ...
The enticing, alluring flavors of Blood Orange Salad with Blue Cheese and Pecans bring a treasured b...
One may serve Potato Pancakes German Style for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or as either a side ...
Lemon Sorbet is a special dessert originally from Sicily, where a lemon granita would be made and se...