An exceptional sauce that pairs well with beef filet, strip steaks, veal cutlets or chops and broiled fish. Simply elegant and delightful.
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Brandy
- 1/2 Cup dry white wine
- 1/2 Cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons green peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 3 Tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- fresh parsley sprig (optional)
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add shallots and cook gently 3 minutes.
- Add brandy to pan and allow to heat through for a few seconds, then flame.
- When flames subside, add wine to shallots.
- Stir in stock and peppercorns and boil rapidly 2-3 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream and chopped parsley.
- Return to medium heat and heat through 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Garnish with parsley sprig, if desired.
- Makes 3/4 cup.
Serve hot with steaks, veal or fish dishes.