Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 1 1/2 pints vegetable stock
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 ounce wild rice, washed and drained
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 5 Tablespoons red wine
- salt and pepper
- Put the stock into a soup pot. Add the chopped onions, bell pepper & parsley. Bring to a boil, cover & simmer for 15 minutes. Add the washed wild rice & continue to simmer for another 40 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms & the wine. Season to taste. Cover & simmer for a further 15 minutes. Serve hot.