Our Wild Mushroom Risotto is a warming, comforting dish that brings you subtle, soothing flavors with every forkful. Serve this with a hearty, rich white wine. Bellissimo!
- 2 ounces dry porcini mushrooms
- 12 dry morel mushrooms
- 5 1/2 Cup chicken broth
- butter; as needed
- 1 Tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 4 medium fresh shiitake mushrooms; -sliced
- 1 Cup dry white wine
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper; to taste
- 1 3/4 Cups Arborio rice
- 1 Tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- Soak dry mushrooms in just enough chicken broth to cover for 2 hours. Remove mushrooms from broth and squeeze dry. Chop mushrooms and set aside. Reserve broth.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic, chopped dry mushrooms and shiitake. Saute 3 minutes. Add wine and cook until liquid is absorbed. Add reserved broth and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Bring remaining broth to simmer in saucepan and keep hot. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet. Add rice and stir about 2 minutes to coat grains. Add 1/2 cup broth, stirring constantly with wooden spoon. Add another 1/2 cup broth and cook, stirring until rice becomes dry. Repeat adding broth in increments, cooking and stirring until rice is tender and all broth is used, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in mushroom mixture, mascarpone cheese, 1 tablespoon butter and Parmesan. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Remove from heat and mix well. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
An exciting, refreshing and flavorful game recipe worthy of the most refined dining. The sauce bring...
Traditional Hanukkah Brisket in Red Wine, a delicious recipe by Marcy Goldman is the focal point of ...
Lobster Salad on Brioche is a delicious, luxurious sandwich of impeccable flavor, textures and quali...
Oh, how good Hot Garlic Potato Chips are! The brilliant blending of garlic, parsley and butter creat...