Simple, elegant and delicious with butter or served on the side with Roast Beef and Gravy, these popovers always bring smiles.
Author: Jack and Mary Billings
Recipe type: Breads and Rolls
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (scant)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly butter a large (2 3/4-inch) 6-muffin tin.
- Whisk eggs into milk; set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir together flours, Parmesan and salt. Stir in milk mixture; beat with a fork just until batter is smooth. Pour into prepared muffin tin. Bake in lower third of oven for 15 minutes. Without opening oven door, reduce temperature to 350 degrees; bake 20 minutes more.
- Remove from oven. Immediately pierce each popover with tip of sharp knife to allow steam to escape. Turn off oven; return pop-overs to oven for 5 minutes.
- Yields 6 popovers.