White House Leek Tart is our homage to administrations, past and future, but if governing tastes this good, you may run for public office. Careful, it’s liberally bipartisan! Simply wonderful!
- 1 11-inch tart/quiche shell
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Cups leeks, chopped (5 leeks)
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon light cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Tip: to remove dirt from leeks, cut through leek lengthwise almost to root end. Wash under running water and shake to remove excess water.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry and fit into 11-inch tart or quiche pan; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Prick pastry bottom with fork; line with foil and fill with pie weights. Bake in 375 degree F/190 degree C oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove pie weights and foil; Bake for 15 minutes longer or just until lightly golden. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat; cook leeks, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes or until softened. Let cool.
- Brush cooled pastry shell with mustard; spread leeks over top. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Whisk together eggs, whipping and light creams, pepper and salt; pour over bacon.
- Bake in a 350 degree F / 180 degree C oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden.
The only political issue about this pie is who wants seconds. Simply a delicious treat, for any party.
Tasty, nutritious and tropical, Jamaican-Style Greens are a glorious way to serve earthy greens with...
Sfogliatelle are extraordinary pastries are found in every Italian bakery from Alaska to Zambia. A f...
Making our Green Bean Casserole with Crunchy Onions will demonstrate how making something from scrat...
Blond Brownies are an American classic and pair perfectly with ice cream, custards or simply a glass...