White House Leek Tart is our homage to administrations, past and future, but if governing tastes this good, you may run for public office. Careful, it’s liberally bipartisan! Simply wonderful!
- 1 11-inch tart/quiche shell
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Cups leeks, chopped (5 leeks)
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon light cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Tip: to remove dirt from leeks, cut through leek lengthwise almost to root end. Wash under running water and shake to remove excess water.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry and fit into 11-inch tart or quiche pan; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Prick pastry bottom with fork; line with foil and fill with pie weights. Bake in 375 degree F/190 degree C oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove pie weights and foil; Bake for 15 minutes longer or just until lightly golden. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat; cook leeks, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes or until softened. Let cool.
- Brush cooled pastry shell with mustard; spread leeks over top. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Whisk together eggs, whipping and light creams, pepper and salt; pour over bacon.
- Bake in a 350 degree F / 180 degree C oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden.
The only political issue about this pie is who wants seconds. Simply a delicious treat, for any party.
Apple-Ginger Pork Chops is well suited to large crowds and events. Simple cooking yields wonderfully...
Unbelievably simple and wonderful, this recipe is soon to become a treat at your Thanksgiving table....
Simple, delicious and gloriously healthful, Grilled Vegetables provide an exceptional meal for veget...
The Spanish Potato Omelet from Castile is an exceptional blend of simple flavors which compound to c...