The light, soothing and creamy texture of delectable White Chocolate Mousse bursts upon the palate with exceptional, seductive and comforting flavor. A treasure for a romantic evening’s dessert. Garnish, if you wish, with a couple of fresh raspberries, a slice of peach or a sliced strawberry. Shown here with a Passionfruit Coulis.
- 1 bar white chocolate (6 ounces)
- 3 fluid ounces milk
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 8 fluid ounces heavy cream
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over some barely simmering water. When it has melted, whisk in the milk until smooth and leave to cool.
- Whisk the egg whites with the lemon juice until stiff and very gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Whisk the heavy cream until it forms soft peaks and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Divide the mousse between two stemmed glasses and cover with cling film. Chill for at least two hours. You may also divide among 4 smaller glasses.
Per serving: 917 Calories (kcal); 60g Total Fat; (53% calories from fat); 14g Protein; 105g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 138mg Sodium Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 12 Fat; 7 Other Carbohydrates
Irish Brown Bread mixes stone ground whole wheat and white flour with buttermilk to create a tasty t...
Apple-Pecan Cobbler makes a spectacular dessert, topped with ice cream and bit of caramel sauce, it ...
Botsford Inn's Honey Baked Ham with Cumberland Sauce is the quintessential recipe for New Year's Day...
Bite-Sized Eclairs are seriously tasty pastry treats with a luscious filling. They're wonderful for ...