White Bean Omelet
Author: Barbara Norman
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 3/4 Cup dried white beans; cooked, see * Note
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 pinch salt; (large pinch)
- * Note: See "Basic Recipe For Cooking Dried White Beans" - recipe included in this database.
- Heat olive oil in skillet; fry beans lightly and remove. Allow them to cool at least 5 minutes before adding to bowl containing eggs lightly beaten with salt.
- Stir mixture while reheating frying pan with additional oil (if needed to cover the bottom of the pan).
- When the oil is on the verge of smoking, pour in mixture and keep shaking the pan and sliding a spatula or knife around the edges of the omelet to keep it free and to form a high, rounded edge.
- When the omelet is almost firm, hold a plate upside down against the frying pan; invert both, dropping the omelet onto the plate as you do so, then slip the omelet back into the pan browned side up.
- This is easiest to do if the plate you use fits neatly inside the frying pan. Shake the pan while the second side browns. Serve at once.
Recipe Source: THE SPANISH COOKBOOK by Barbara Norman