Simple, delicious and healthful – what more could one ask for in a dip?
White Bean Dip I
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
Serves: 2 Cups
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsley chopped
- 30 ounces can white kidney beans, drained, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 Cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
- Put the garlic and jalapeno in a food processor and chop very finely. Add the beans and process to a paste; scrape down the sides of the processor bowl.
- Add the yogurt, lime juice, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in most of the tomato and parsley, saving a little to garnish the top.
- The dip can be covered and refrigerated at this point. Heat in a double boiler or in a water bath on top of the stove. Serve dip warm, garnished with a little tomato and parsley. Serve with vegetables or tortilla chips.