Welsh Broth, or Cawl is a rich lamb soup with incredible flavor, tender cooked vegetables and an earthy goodness you will savor.
Welsh Broth - Cawl (Welsh)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 2 pound Welsh lamb cutlets (shoulder or stew meat)
- 1/2 pound onions
- 3 leeks
- 1/2 pound carrots
- 1/2 pound parsnips
- 1/2 pound swede (rutabaga)
- 2 pounds potatoes
- salt and pepper
- Remove as much fat as possible from the cutlets and boil the meat gently in water for 1 hour. Skim off fat.
- Peel and cut up the vegetables and add to the lamb. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender.