A salad of incredible visual and gastronomic appeal. Watermelon Puzzle has it all! If you don’t like kiwi, try substituting yellow watermelon or cantaloupe or even honeydew. If you don’t like Feta, try Ricotta Salata or just skip the cheese and use all fruit. It’s fun to serve, and everyone loves it. Our most popular summertime recipe.
- 10 kiwifruits
- 1 medium watermelon, fresh
- 1 pound feta cheese in large pieces (not crumbled)
- mint leaves or fresh basil
- berries (your choice)
- 1/2 Cup light olive oil
- 1/4 Cup good balsamic vinegar
- ground black pepper to taste
- Cut the watermelon into 1 inch cubes of even size.
- Peel and cut the kiwi in half, then trim to match the size of the watermelon cubes
- Cut drained feta to 1 inch cubes.
- On 2 plates, place 5 cubes of melon in a checkerboard pattern. In the gaps, place two cubes of kiwi and two of cheese in opposite directions.
- Make a new layer with kiwi in the corners and alternating feta and watermelon in open spaces.
- Make a third layer, repeating the same design pattern as the first. Make sure the sides are all even
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar with a little bit of ground pepper.
- Pour some of the vinaigrette on the plate around the cube.
- Garnish the cube with mint or basil leaves and spread some berries around the plate with leaves.
The use of hard cider gives Braised Turkey Thighs with Cider, Bacon and Potatoes an astounding flavo...
Making Yorkshire Christmas Pye is no small feat. Entire teams of cooks would work for days to prepar...
The incredible simplicity of Green Garden Soup belies the outstanding flavors and luscious texture f...
In every morsel of Low-Country Shrimp and Grits, one experiences the vast wealth of flavors this dis...