A salad of incredible visual and gastronomic appeal. Watermelon Puzzle has it all! If you don’t like kiwi, try substituting yellow watermelon or cantaloupe or even honeydew. If you don’t like Feta, try Ricotta Salata or just skip the cheese and use all fruit. It’s fun to serve, and everyone loves it. Our most popular summertime recipe.
- 10 kiwifruits
- 1 medium watermelon, fresh
- 1 pound feta cheese in large pieces (not crumbled)
- mint leaves or fresh basil
- berries (your choice)
- 1/2 Cup light olive oil
- 1/4 Cup good balsamic vinegar
- ground black pepper to taste
- Cut the watermelon into 1 inch cubes of even size.
- Peel and cut the kiwi in half, then trim to match the size of the watermelon cubes
- Cut drained feta to 1 inch cubes.
- On 2 plates, place 5 cubes of melon in a checkerboard pattern. In the gaps, place two cubes of kiwi and two of cheese in opposite directions.
- Make a new layer with kiwi in the corners and alternating feta and watermelon in open spaces.
- Make a third layer, repeating the same design pattern as the first. Make sure the sides are all even
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar with a little bit of ground pepper.
- Pour some of the vinaigrette on the plate around the cube.
- Garnish the cube with mint or basil leaves and spread some berries around the plate with leaves.
Holidays seem to increase the glorious flavors of Old Fashioned Apple Pie, a traditional American de...
Simply wonderful, Holiday Turkey with Apple-Pear Stuffing is perfect for Autumn or Winter holidays a...
There's nothing like ribs with a kick of good ol' Texas flavor. All-American Ribs have just that un...
Canter's Potato Salad is the standard we all know from our favorite delicatessen. This has a sultry...