Watermelon Pizza is a luscious salad that’s a fun, fabulous and fancy feast full of fantastic flavors and impeccable appeal. (Say that three times fast!).
It should come as little surprise that Watermelon is great in salads. It retains cold temperatures, provides moisture and deep, sweet taste sensations. Serve this as a salad course, appetizer or side dish. It’s great for entertaining.
- watermelon, chilled, evenly sliced about 1-inch thick, all the way around.
- 1/4 pound ricotta salata or feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 Cup red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 Cup basil leaves, fresh, torn
- 1/4 Cup olive oil (light)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Place the watermelon flat on a plate. Cut into 4 slices, creating wedges.
- Top with red onion and olives.
- Mix the dressing, whisking the ingredients thoroughly. Drizzle lightly atop the slices.
- Top with ricotta salata or feta and torn basil leaves.
- Serve immediately.
The pairing of fruits and sherbert in Cantaloupe Melba is the stuff of legend. Incredible flavors cr...
Easy Cassoulet lives up to its name, offering simple preparation and exceptional flavor. This is suc...
Hot Maracaibo Pudding is an exceptional chocolate dessert, pairing gloriously with vanilla ice cream...
Famous Coca-Cola Brisket is one of the best examples of preparing roasted brisket around. Makes a de...