Watermelon Pizza is a luscious salad that’s a fun, fabulous and fancy feast full of fantastic flavors and impeccable appeal. (Say that three times fast!).
It should come as little surprise that Watermelon is great in salads. It retains cold temperatures, provides moisture and deep, sweet taste sensations. Serve this as a salad course, appetizer or side dish. It’s great for entertaining.
- watermelon, chilled, evenly sliced about 1-inch thick, all the way around.
- 1/4 pound ricotta salata or feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 Cup red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 Cup basil leaves, fresh, torn
- 1/4 Cup olive oil (light)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Place the watermelon flat on a plate. Cut into 4 slices, creating wedges.
- Top with red onion and olives.
- Mix the dressing, whisking the ingredients thoroughly. Drizzle lightly atop the slices.
- Top with ricotta salata or feta and torn basil leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Home of the fabled city of Samarkand, of Bukharan rugs and beautiful, almond eyed women said to be s...
Blueberry Parfaits are somewhat unique in that they make both a wonderful breakfast or brunch main c...
Avocado Shrimp Salad is a flexible recipe that may be served as either an appetizer, main course or ...
Candied crab apples are fun little confections that may be used for holiday treats at Halloween or g...