Watermelon, Marinated Feta and Sunflower Shoot Salad with a Clear Tomato Jelly delivers an incredible array of tastes and textures for an enjoyable summertime experience. When life isn’t a bed of roses, change your flavor and consume some delicious salad made with rosewater.
- 2 seedless watermelons
- 36 jumbo green olives
- 120 gm sunflower shoots
- 6 leaves of mint, julienned
- juice 2 lemons
- extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 500 gm Feta (reserve marinating oil)
- Tomato Jelly (see below)
- 500 gm ripe tomatoes, unskinned
- 5 gelatin leaves
- Whip 500gm feta in a mixer, gradually pour in 250 ml of reserved olive oil and whip until fluffy. Reserve in a bowl.
- Coarsely puree 2 kg ripe tomatoes and hang in a jelly bag overnight, over a bucket, in the refrigerator. Do not disturb at any point.
- Measure the liquid and set each litre with 5 leaves of gelatin. (Soak the gelatin in cold water.
- Heat a portion of the liquid to boiling, add squeezed gelatin leaves. Add rest of liquid.)
- Chill, in a deep container that will facilitate you taking perfect spoonfuls from, for at least six hours.
- Cut 36 perfect 1.5 cm cubes of watermelon.
- On each plate arrange 3 pieces of watermelon. Sprinkle with a few drops of rosewater.
- Insert an olive between each of the outside pieces of watermelon.
- Place a small dessertspoon of the whipped feta on top.
- Then place some sunflower shoots and julienne of mint on top of the feta.
- Season with a little olive oil, pepper and lemon juice.
- Just before serving, dip a dessertspoon into hot water and take a spoonful of the jelly and carefully invert on top of the shoots, etc.
The gloriously rich flavor and sultry texture of this penultimate chocolate brownie make it the most...
White Bean and Swiss Chard Stew presents a marvelous compilation of flavors to make a delicious soup...
Perfect on ribs, pork chops, salmon or chicken, Cap City Barbecue Sauce is sweet and spicy, with a n...
Sweet Potato and Apple Spice Stuffed Turkey Roulade is a uniquely flavorful way to serve a delicious...