Watermelon, Marinated Feta and Sunflower Shoot Salad with a Clear Tomato Jelly delivers an incredible array of tastes and textures for an enjoyable summertime experience. When life isn’t a bed of roses, change your flavor and consume some delicious salad made with rosewater.
- 2 seedless watermelons
- 36 jumbo green olives
- 120 gm sunflower shoots
- 6 leaves of mint, julienned
- juice 2 lemons
- extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 500 gm Feta (reserve marinating oil)
- Tomato Jelly (see below)
- 500 gm ripe tomatoes, unskinned
- 5 gelatin leaves
- Whip 500gm feta in a mixer, gradually pour in 250 ml of reserved olive oil and whip until fluffy. Reserve in a bowl.
- Coarsely puree 2 kg ripe tomatoes and hang in a jelly bag overnight, over a bucket, in the refrigerator. Do not disturb at any point.
- Measure the liquid and set each litre with 5 leaves of gelatin. (Soak the gelatin in cold water.
- Heat a portion of the liquid to boiling, add squeezed gelatin leaves. Add rest of liquid.)
- Chill, in a deep container that will facilitate you taking perfect spoonfuls from, for at least six hours.
- Cut 36 perfect 1.5 cm cubes of watermelon.
- On each plate arrange 3 pieces of watermelon. Sprinkle with a few drops of rosewater.
- Insert an olive between each of the outside pieces of watermelon.
- Place a small dessertspoon of the whipped feta on top.
- Then place some sunflower shoots and julienne of mint on top of the feta.
- Season with a little olive oil, pepper and lemon juice.
- Just before serving, dip a dessertspoon into hot water and take a spoonful of the jelly and carefully invert on top of the shoots, etc.
A nice and spicy partner to pre-dinner drinks. Tangy Roast Pepper and Walnut Dip is great with some ...
Mudslide Cookies are seriously wonderful treats that are ideal with milk, or even with mixed drinks....
For a pot o'gold, the envy of every Leprechaun, try Spring Vegetable Hash with Fried Eggs. A treasur...
Perfect for holiday entertaining, Bayerische Vanillecreme is a luscious recipe that is absolutely ir...