Most delectable, this carrot pudding is a treasure with its accompanying Gingered Fruit Compote. A classic of British gastronomy.
Warm Carrot Pudding with Gingered Fruit Compote
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Desserts
- 3/4 Cup soy milk
- 1/4 Cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Cups packed grated carrots
- 3 Cups day old whole grain bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 Cup raisins
- 1/3 Cup ground walnuts
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 Cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons slivered fresh ginger
- PUDDING: Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk together soy milk, cornstarch and baking powder. Combine with other pudding ingredients & pour into a 9" X 5" cake pan. Cover with foil & bake 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Let cool for 30 minutes & cut into 8 squares. COMPOTE: Combine all ingredients in a pot & cook over low heat 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apricots are tender & a light syrup forms.
- CREME: Puree all ingredients in a blender till creamy, smooth & white.
- TO ASSEMBLE: Pour about 1/4 Cup compoteover a serving of pudding: top with a dollop of creme.