Walnut-dressed Watercress Salad is a delightful blending of crisp flavors that entice and allure. One bite is never enough.
Walnut-dressed Watercress Salad
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 large bunch watercress (salad cress)
- 350 g (3/4 pound) firm tomatoes
- 3/4 Cup (75 g) 3 ounces raisins
- 3/4 Cup (75 g) 3 ounces shelled walnuts
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed with a pinch sea salt
- Break the watercress into small pieces and chop the tomatoes.
- Put them both into a bowl with the raisins.
- Finely chop the walnuts and crush them with a large pestle and mortar.
- Work in the vinegar and garlic to make a fairly smooth dressing.
- Fold the dressing into the salad and then divide it between four small dishes.
Serve this salad as a separate course or use it as a bed for grilled salmon or chicken.