Crunchy, sweet, fulfilling and so delicious, Waldorf Salad with Dried Cranberries is perfect served as a main course, side or in pita sandwiches. Cranberries add a unique and special flavor to this delightful recipe.
- 2 large Granny Smith apples; cored, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 Cup diced celery
- 3/4 Cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 Cup coarsely-chopped walnuts
- Combine apples, celery and cranberries in 2-quart bowl.
- Combine vinegar, honey and oil in small dish. Add to apple mixture. Sprinkle with salt. Toss until well mixed.
- Refrigerate, covered airtight, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Spread walnuts in single layer on baking sheet and toast at 350 degrees F until fragrant, about 8 minutes. (Do not let brown or they will become bitter.)
- To serve, let apple-cranberry mixture stand 30 minutes at room temperature; toss in walnuts and adjust seasonings.
Recipe from Abby Mandel, author of "Celebrating the Midwestern Table" (Doubleday & Co., 1996)
Many believe that only the French eat frog's legs. Not so. They're a popular ingredient in Cajun cui...
Pizza Rustica alla Napoletana is also called Pizza Gaina, Torta Rustica, and other and other regiona...
Cold Hungarian Cherry Soup calls for sour cherries, but we've made this with canned Bing cherries (s...
Though it is expensive, Chateaubriand for Two with Lobster Tails, Chateau Potatoes and Bearnaise Sau...