These delightful nibbles make a great buffet table treat at your party. Creative, colorful and tasty, they appeal always.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 1 1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks in syrup
- 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 Cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 Cup drained maraschino cherries
- Shape sausage into 1/2 to 3/4 inch balls. Place in single layer in baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes, or until cooked; drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving the syrup. Add enough water to syrup to measure 1 Cup; combine with brown sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch and soy sauce in large saucepan.
- Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens. Fold in green pepper, cherries, pineapple chunks and drained cooked sausage.
- To serve, turn into chafing dish and keep warm.