What can one say about waffles, topped with sweet peaches and butter pecan syrup? They’re heavenly, to say the least. Try a scoop of ice cream on this for an extra special dessert.
- 1/3 Cup butter
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 1/2 Cups sliced peaches, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Cups sugar
- 1 Cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans
- In a large metal or glass bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs and beat until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture along with the milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix well. Fold in the peach pieces.
- Bake in a well-greased waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Mix water and sugar and boil until sugar is dissolved, add pecans and reduce heat and simmer while you make pancakes or French toast. Just before serving add the flavoring and butter
Always a treasured treat for breakfast, this simple recipe for pancakes is a tradition going back hu...
Golden Noodle Soup is an amazing compilation of simple and complex flavors often found in Greek tave...
Spanish Rice is an important recipe with glorious flavor. Simply superb when served with a variety o...
Sliced London Broil with Cremini Mushroom Sauce is one of those incredibly simple recipes that offer...