Waffle Bread Pudding is a wonderful dessert you can make with homemade waffles leftover from a weekend brunch. It’s simple and quite delicious, and a very special treat.
- 4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 7 eggs, divided use
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 Cups warm milk
- 2/3 Cup butter, melted
- 3 Quarts whole milk
- 2 Cups brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla bean paste (Neilsen Massey)
- salt, to taste
- To make waffles, sift all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in bowl. In separate bowl, whisk together 4 eggs, vanilla extract, warm milk and melted butter. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; whisk until smooth. Cook in waffle iron until golden brown.
- To make the custard, combine milk, brown sugar, remaining eggs, vanilla bean paste and salt; whisk until well combined.
- Stack waffles in two layers in greased 2-inch half pan; pour custard on top. Massage together to evenly disperse custard throughout waffles.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 75 minutes.
Avocado Ice Cream is often served as either a unique dessert or a starter course. Either way, it's a...
Lemon Verbena Angel Food Cake imparts the flavor of the season to every morsel of this incredible c...
Prince Edward Island Mussels with Fennel-Saffron Broth brings together delicious Provençal flavors i...
Flan is a classic of Mexican cuisine, and a perfect blending of both indigenous ingredients and cook...