Waffle Bread Pudding is a wonderful dessert you can make with homemade waffles leftover from a weekend brunch. It’s simple and quite delicious, and a very special treat.
- 4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 7 eggs, divided use
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 Cups warm milk
- 2/3 Cup butter, melted
- 3 Quarts whole milk
- 2 Cups brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla bean paste (Neilsen Massey)
- salt, to taste
- To make waffles, sift all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in bowl. In separate bowl, whisk together 4 eggs, vanilla extract, warm milk and melted butter. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; whisk until smooth. Cook in waffle iron until golden brown.
- To make the custard, combine milk, brown sugar, remaining eggs, vanilla bean paste and salt; whisk until well combined.
- Stack waffles in two layers in greased 2-inch half pan; pour custard on top. Massage together to evenly disperse custard throughout waffles.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 75 minutes.
Chicken Piccata is an Italian favorite, and quite easy to make too. Your family will adore its lemon...
One of the most interesting of its genre, Cream of Sweet Potato Soup exemplifies the glories of Sout...
Grilled Salmon with Blackberry-Cabernet Coulis is a regal dish that's sublime. Fit for a holiday din...
Pizzas come in all shapes and forms, but Tomato and Mozzarella Tart with Pesto is delightfully uniqu...