A wonderful, simple and flavor-rich dip that works brilliantly for chips and vegetables.
Vidalia Onion Dip I
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
Serves: 4 Cups
- 2 large Vidalia onions, quartered
- 1 1/2 Cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed, divided
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a food processor, process onions until finely chopped. Add 1 Cup cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and 2 teaspoons dill weed; process until well blended. Spoon mixture into 2 9" glass pie plates.
- Sprinkle tops evenly with remaining 1/2 Cup cheese and remaining 1/2 teaspoon dill weed.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Give with serving instructions.
- To serve: Serve with chips or crackers at room temperature or reheat in microwave at 80% for about 3 minutes.