Use this American favorite for a dip or as a sauce for Nachos. Full of flavor and fun to eat.
Velveeta Cheese Dip
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped coarsly
- 2 clove garlic, minced fine
- 2 banana peppers
- 1 can pimento, chopped fine
- 2 pounds Velveeta cheese
- Cook minced garlic in cooking oil, push aside. Cook onions until soft and then add green pepper and banana peppers. When banana peppers start to soften, add tomatoes. Cook until soft. Then add pimento, garlic, oil, and Velveeta (cut into small pieces). Cook over very low heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with chips, crackers or tortillia chips.