One spoonful of Vegetarian Lentil Soup and you’ll feel completely warmed and comforted. Lentil soups are true comfort foods, having a very heart-warming effect on the body, making them perfect for cooler weather.
- 1 Cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 1/2 Cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 Cup chopped celery
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 package lentils (1 pound)
- 10 Cups water
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Saute onion, garlic, carrots and celery over medium heat in 5-quart sauce pot sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring, then reduce heat to low, cover and let vegetables steam until softened, 8 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add lentils and water, then thyme sprigs. Bring to boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer until lentils are tender, about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove thyme sprigs.
- Puree half soup in blender until smooth. Return to pot. Stir in vinegar and pepper to taste.
Eggnog Bread Pudding is a comfortable, relaxing and flavorful dessert that's very easy to prepare an...
There are few soups as soothing, comforting or flavorful as Black Bean Soup with Salsa and Sour Crea...
Easter Babka or Kulich is served for breakfast in Russia on Orthodox Easter morning. The delicious b...
Baked Lamb Rigatoni is an exceptional casserole with impeccable, rich flavors and many subtle tempta...