These marvelous spring rolls are accompanied by a superb sauce and full of great vegetables. Together with baked tofu, they are great for entertaining or an appetizer course.
- 1 ounces bean thread noodles; cooked according to package directions and well drained
- 1 1/2 Cups shredded Napa or Chinese cabbage (rinse leaves and spin dry before shredding)
- 1/2 Cup grated carrot
- 1/3 Cup thinly-sliced scallion greens
- 12 round rice papers (8" diameter)
- 4 ounces tofu; cut 1/2" cubes
- 20 large fresh basil leaves (to 24); rinsed, spun dry
- Peanut Miso Dressing and Dipping Sauce; (see Recipe)
- Gently squeeze the cooked bean thread noodles to release excess moisture. Chop them coarsely. In a large bowl, toss together the noodles, cabbage, carrot, and scallion greens.
- Fill a 10-inch pie plate with warm water. Submerge one of the rice papers in the water and soak just until pliable, 30 to 60 seconds. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel and blot gently to dry. Arrange about 1/4 cup of the noodle mixture along the bottom third of the rice paper. Distribute 5 to 6 tofu cubes and 2 basil leaves on the noodles. Lift the bottom edge over the filling, fold the sides toward the center, and roll up as tightly as possible. Set on a plate, seam-side down. Repeat with the remaining rice papers.
- Serve the spring rolls immediately. Alternatively, refrigerate in a tightly sealed container for up to 2 days. (Return to room temperature before serving.) Divide the dipping sauce among several small bowls and serve alongside.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 112 Calories; 6g Fat (40.7% calories from fat); 10g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 29mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
NOTES: Recipe from "The New Soy Cookbook" by Lorna Sass
Simple, easy and so delightful, one cannot help but ask for more Farfalle with Peas and Prosciutto; ...
An incredible dish to start a dinner or for a luncheon main course, Korean Kimchi Beef Rolls will en...
While some say making homemade potato chips is foolish as there are so many great commercial varieti...
An exceptional, unusual and delectable delight, Chilled Cauliflower Soup with Bacon and Fresh Dill i...