Incredible flavor is found in every bite of Veal Wrapped with Pancetta, one of the most delicious main courses you’ll ever find.
Veal Wrapped with Pancetta
Author: Adapted from Nancy Oakes
Recipe type: Main Course
- 2 Tablespoons porcini powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon juniper berries
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 Cup fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 Cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- salt, to taste
- 4 veal loin, cut in 5-ounce portions
- risotto or polenta, for serving, as needed
- 1 pound pancetta, thinly sliced
- Mix porcini powder, fennel, juniper berries and pepper. In separate bowl, combine herbs.
- Lightly salt veal. Coat with porcini powder mix, then roll in herbs. Wrap veal with pancetta and tie with butcher twine.
- In saute pan, brown meat on all sides; transfer to roasting pan and cook at 400 degrees F. for 8 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Slice each loin into 3 thick pieces and place atop plated risotto. Serve with parsley leaf and Parmesan salad.