Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Veal
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds veal shoulder; boned, rolled, and tied
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 onion; chopped
- 2 Cups water (or 1 Cup water and 1 Cup white wine
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper; to taste
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add veal roast and brown over medium-high heat, about 8 minutes total. Add garlic and onion. Cook 5 minutes, until onions soften. Add water, wine if using, salt and pepper to taste, then bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until very tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool in cooking liquid. Then remove roast and dice.
- Strain liquid and use to make white sauce, adding enough milk to make 3 cups if making Creamed Veal Filling (see Cream Puffs with Creamed Veal Filling recipe). Juices may also be used to make gravy to be served with slices of the roast.
- This recipe yields 10 servings.
Per serving: 81 Calories (kcal); 4g Total Fat; (45% calories from fat); 10g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 43mg Cholesterol; 46mg Sodium Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates