Union Pacific Apple Pancakes
These delicious creations may be served as either a breakfast or a dessert. They're even great as a side dish with pork.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 Cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 Cups homemade applesauce
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder. Combine butter, milk and egg. Stir into flour. Add vanilla and applesauce. Beat well.
- Spoon batter into a hot, well greased griddle, allowing enough batter to make 4-inch cakes. When edges are lightly browned, turn and cook on second side.
- Serve hot with maple syrup or apple jelly and lots of butter.