The gloriously rich flavor and sultry texture of this penultimate chocolate brownie make it the most wonderful treat you can prepare for yourself, kiddies and guests. Perfect for entertaining friends.
- 3/4 Cup Hershey's cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 Cup butter; melted and divided
- 1/2 Cup water; boiling
- 2 Cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 Cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 bowl buttercream frosting
- 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 2/3 Cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 Cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1/3 Cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9" pan.
- In medium bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda; blend in 1/3 cup melted butter. Add the boiling water; stir until mixture thickens. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining 1/3 cup melted butter; stir until smooth. Add flour, vanilla and salt; blend completely. Stir in chocolate chips; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely; frost with Buttercream frosting. Cut into squares.
- Buttercream Frosting: Cream butter in small mixing bowl; add cocoa and sugar alternately with milk. Beat to spreading consistency; blend in vanilla. Makes about 2 cups frosting.
A glass of milk for the kiddies or a latte for you.
Mom's Tuna Salad is as American as Apple Pie, and similarly, no two mom's make it alike. This recip...
Black and Blue Burgers are a glorious treat. The combinations of flavors are wonderful and the recip...
While some say making homemade potato chips is foolish as there are so many great commercial varieti...
Perfect for holiday entertaining, Bayerische Vanillecreme is a luscious recipe that is absolutely ir...