The gloriously rich flavor and sultry texture of this penultimate chocolate brownie make it the most wonderful treat you can prepare for yourself, kiddies and guests. Perfect for entertaining friends.
- 3/4 Cup Hershey's cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 Cup butter; melted and divided
- 1/2 Cup water; boiling
- 2 Cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 Cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 bowl buttercream frosting
- 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 2/3 Cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 Cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1/3 Cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9" pan.
- In medium bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda; blend in 1/3 cup melted butter. Add the boiling water; stir until mixture thickens. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining 1/3 cup melted butter; stir until smooth. Add flour, vanilla and salt; blend completely. Stir in chocolate chips; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely; frost with Buttercream frosting. Cut into squares.
- Buttercream Frosting: Cream butter in small mixing bowl; add cocoa and sugar alternately with milk. Beat to spreading consistency; blend in vanilla. Makes about 2 cups frosting.
A glass of milk for the kiddies or a latte for you.
Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza makes an exceptional meal. The delicious flavors blend into one deligh...
Mary Ann Esposito's Walnut Twists are a glorious, sweet and crunchy treat for Christmas or Carnevale...
Delectable cheese sauce tops tender sprouts in Baked Brussel Sprouts au Gratin, a wonderful side dis...
A rich, thick and delicious Lentil Soup that warms the body and soul, this is one of the great soups...