Ricotta is ideal for making Tuscan Cheesecake, adding a wonderful flavor and smooth, creamy texture to this delicious dessert. Another treasure of Tuscany.
This moist, light, and fluffy cheesecake is truly 'la dolce vita'.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Baked Goods
- 3 pounds ricotta cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 Cups sugar
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 oranges, grated zest only
- 2 lemons, grated zest only
- 2 2/3 ounces Grand Mariner
- 1 Tablespoon clarified butter
- 1/4 Cup plain bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat ricotta cheese with blender until smooth. Add eggs, sugar, and milk. Blend until well-mixed and smooth. Add orange and lemon zest and Grand Mariner. Mix well.
- Grease one cheesecake pan with butter and coat lightly with bread crumbs. Fill pan 3/4 of the way with cheesecake mixture. Set pan in a larger pan filled half full with water and bake 1 1/4 hours.
- Turn oven off, leaving the cake within. Let stand for one hour. Remove, let cool, and refrigerate.