Tuscany is the home of many great recipes, not the least of which are many wonderful bean-based recipes. Tuscan Bean Bruschetta is our adaptation of one, served as an extraordinary appetizer.
- 3 ounces cooked fava beans
- 3 ounces cooked cannellini beans
- 6 ounces crème fraîche
- 3 ounces black olives, sliced
- 2 1/2 ounces extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for grilling bread
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons chives, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chervil, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 20 slices baguette, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Parmesan shavings, to garnish
- basil leaves, to garnish
- Coarsely chop fava and cannellini beans.
- In a bowl, gently combine beans with crème fraîche, olives, olive oil, red wine vinegar, chives and chervil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush baguette slices with olive oil. Grill over medium-low heat until both sides are golden.
- Divide bean mixture among toasted slices.
- Top each bruschetta with Parmesan shavings and basil.
A very flavorful, rich and healthful soup, Warszawa Borscht is not very popular in America, but terr...
A delectably creamy, refreshing and healthful dish, Chilled Avocado Soup may be served with Pico de ...
Snap Peas with Sesame Oil is a simple, delightful side dish perfect with Asian and Chinese dishes.
If you love a good, heart-warming dessert, Apple Cinnamon Raisin Crisp is just the thing to make you...