Tuscany is the home of many great recipes, not the least of which are many wonderful bean-based recipes. Tuscan Bean Bruschetta is our adaptation of one, served as an extraordinary appetizer.
- 3 ounces cooked fava beans
- 3 ounces cooked cannellini beans
- 6 ounces crème fraîche
- 3 ounces black olives, sliced
- 2 1/2 ounces extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for grilling bread
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons chives, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chervil, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 20 slices baguette, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Parmesan shavings, to garnish
- basil leaves, to garnish
- Coarsely chop fava and cannellini beans.
- In a bowl, gently combine beans with crème fraîche, olives, olive oil, red wine vinegar, chives and chervil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush baguette slices with olive oil. Grill over medium-low heat until both sides are golden.
- Divide bean mixture among toasted slices.
- Top each bruschetta with Parmesan shavings and basil.
A simple pudding full of delightful beef flavor, this recipe pairs perfectly with rib roasts or prim...
A glorious Spinach and Noodle Savory Kugel made with egg noodles with rich, earthy flavors. A superb...
An interesting dish that may be served for a variety of meals from breakfast to a delightful appetiz...
The simple pleasures of Herbed Potato Galette with Boursin pair perfectly with filet mignon, roasts ...