Tuscany is the home of many great recipes, not the least of which are many wonderful bean-based recipes. Tuscan Bean Bruschetta is our adaptation of one, served as an extraordinary appetizer.
- 3 ounces cooked fava beans
- 3 ounces cooked cannellini beans
- 6 ounces crème fraîche
- 3 ounces black olives, sliced
- 2 1/2 ounces extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for grilling bread
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons chives, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chervil, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 20 slices baguette, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Parmesan shavings, to garnish
- basil leaves, to garnish
- Coarsely chop fava and cannellini beans.
- In a bowl, gently combine beans with crème fraîche, olives, olive oil, red wine vinegar, chives and chervil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush baguette slices with olive oil. Grill over medium-low heat until both sides are golden.
- Divide bean mixture among toasted slices.
- Top each bruschetta with Parmesan shavings and basil.
Smooth, crunch, sweet and delicious Dutch Apple Pie is best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice ...
Pampushky are wonderful Ukrainian doughnuts, filled with not only preserves but outstanding flavor. ...
The worst thing in the world of premium ice creams are the ones dyed green, so our Peppered Mint Chi...
Pasta Carbonara is a simple, wonderful and flavor-rich dish that has outstanding ingredients and bec...