These turkey salad sandwiches are a perfect way to serve up leftover turkey or chicken. These make a very wholesome, enjoyable meal.
- 1 pound sliced turkey breast
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 Cup apple juice
- 6 pita breads
- 2 Cups chopped lettuce or spinach
- 2 Cups chopped tomatoes
- freshly-shredded cheese
- Slice turkey breast into thin strips.
- In a skillet, saute turkey in butter for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and cook on low heat until tender and liquid has cooked out.
- Cut pita breads in half. Stuff with turkey, chopped lettuce or spinach, tomato and cheese.
You may substitute chicken for the turkey, if you prefer.