Turkey Gravy I
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 Cups pan juices (add water if necessary to make 2 Cups)
- 1/2 Cup skimmed turkey fat
- 1 Cup half and half
- turkey giblets and neck
- celery leaves
- 4 Tablespoons Brandy
- Remove liver and set aside. In saucepan, cover giblets and neck with lightly salted cold water; add a few celery leaves and onion slices.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour; add liver and simmer 20-30 minutes. Remove and chop giblets. Discard neck. Reserve 2 Cups broth. Skim 1/2 Cups turkey fat from pan juices. Gather 2 Cups juices, adding water if necessary to make 2 Cups.
- Combine turkey fat with 1/2 Cups flour in saucepan. Begin heating. Whisk in broth and juices.
- Whisk in half and half. Stir in giblets. Cook until thickened and bubbly, then 1 minute more. Stir in brandy.
- This makes tons of gravy, plenty for leftovers. You can easily cut the recipe in half.