Turkey Barbecue for Sandwiches
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
- 16 ounces can tomatoes; cut up
- 6 ounces can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1/4 Cup onion; chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder; (or to taste)
- 2 Cups turkey; chopped, cooked
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the flavors are blended.
- Spoon the mixture over hamburger buns or toast.
- 1/4 recipe, not including bun - 176 calories, 3 lean meat + 2 vegetable exchanges 12 grams carbohydrate, 23 grams protein, 4 grams fat, 220 mg sodium, 767 mg potassium, 54 mg cholesterol.
Source: American Diabetes Assoc. Holiday Cookbook by Betty Wedman.