When a recipe combines great flavor, wonderful texture, superb presentation and sound economy, by any measure, that is a perfect recipe. The Tuna Burger presented here is indeed, perfect.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 Cup minced onion
- 1/4 Cup minced celery
- 1/4 Cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 leaves of lettuce (optional)
- 1. Combine tuna, egg, bread crumbs, onion, celery, red bell pepper, mayonnaise, hot chili sauce, chili sauce, dill, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well. Shape into 4 patties (mixture will be very soft and delicate). Refrigerate for 30 minutes to make the patties easier to handle, if desired.
- Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray; fry tuna patties for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. These are fragile, so be careful when turning them.
- Serve on buns with tomato slices and lettuce leaves, if desired.
Optionally, serve on 4 Toasted English Muffins or Kaiser rolls.
An enticing, alluring and colorful Yellow Tomato Gazpacho helps cool and refresh on a hot summer's e...
Making a fab dessert? Try Meringue Nests as a base for berries, puddings, ice cream, or other goodie...
This truly is Excellent Lemon Mincemeat and perfect for tarts, pies, cookies and other desserts. It'...
There is a unique delicacy to Sweet Potato and Corn Chowder and a candy-like quality to its flavor. ...